Old October 9th 05, 09:52 AM
Andy100

Default Frequency lists (mainly data Pocsag, Baudot, SW, VHF/UHF etc etc) ?

I have just purchased a unit off e-bay called the "Universal M-400 Decoder".
It supposedly decodes POCSAG (pager messaging), AUTOR, GOLAY, SUPOCS, DTMF,
DCS, CTCSS, SWED-ARQ, FEC-A, ASCII, BAUDOT, FAX messages.

I have only been able to decode ACARS messages (Aircraft) up to now. Mainly
due to the fact that i cannot find out any frequencies for the above types
of broadcast. I have googled, but just keep getting sites which are either
out of date, not there any longer or don't have any detailed info there.

I'd be eternally greatful if anyone knows of any links to websites which
have a list of the types of broadcast listed above (both SW and VHF/UHF
etc). I do have a SW frequency list, but it's 1994 and is way out of date.
Even generally where abouts on the frequency spectrum to look would be handy
!, i just don't have a clue.

Many Thanks
Andrew

Old October 9th 05, 03:13 PM
Ralph Mowery

"Andy100" wrote in message
I have just purchased a unit off e-bay called the "Universal M-400

Decoder".
It supposedly decodes POCSAG (pager messaging), AUTOR, GOLAY, SUPOCS,

DTMF,
DCS, CTCSS, SWED-ARQ, FEC-A, ASCII, BAUDOT, FAX messages.

I have only been able to decode ACARS messages (Aircraft) up to now.

Mainly
due to the fact that i cannot find out any frequencies for the above types
of broadcast. I have googled, but just keep getting sites which are either
out of date, not there any longer or don't have any detailed info there.

The pocsag can be found around 150 to 155 mhz or so. The DTMF is the
touchtones on your telephone. Very seldom used on the radio. Hams use it
to control some repeaters but it is seldom used. CTCSS is the subaudio
tones often found on many vhf 2-way transmitters. Not really much to decode
other than the rewquency they are using. You probably have to tap off the
'discriminator' to get them as the start around 88 hz and quit around 250
hz. Thsi low frequency audio will not pass most audio stages in the
scanner.
Baudot is seldom found outside the ham bands. Look around 14.080 to 14.100
mhz . It will be 60 wpm and 170 hz shift. Set the receiver for LSB and you
may have to set the decoder to the Reverse position. I am not familiar with
that converter.

Old October 9th 05, 07:27 PM
Andy100

Thanks Ralph, i'll have a go at that. That helps a lot !

Kind Regards
Andrew

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
news

Old October 13th 05, 12:48 AM
Domestos

For a great place to find more about the world of Utility frequencies go to
http://www.wunclub.com/ all will be revealed !!!!

JOHN

Old October 13th 05, 03:34 AM
Steven Fritts

Amateur RTTY is normally 45 baud at 170 shift NOT 60 baud

Steve W4SEF

Old October 13th 05, 10:26 AM
David L. Wilson

"Steven Fritts" wrote in message
Amateur RTTY is normally 45 baud at 170 shift NOT 60 baud

He said 60 WPM which is 45 baud.