Old October 18th 05, 04:42 AM
John

Default CTCSS Board Needed

Does anyone know where to get the optional CTCSS board for the radio Shack
Pro-2045 scanner? Rat Shack's catalog number is 20-0031 .

Old October 18th 05, 06:36 AM
Al Klein

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 03:42:16 GMT, "John" said
in rec.radio.scanner:

Does anyone know where to get the optional CTCSS board for the radio Shack
Pro-2045 scanner? Rat Shack's catalog number is 20-0031 .

Radio Shack doesn't have any more in the warehouse?
Old October 18th 05, 04:37 PM
John

I called 1-800-TheShack and asked for the CTCSS tone board (20-0031) and
they had no idea what I was talking about.

Old October 18th 05, 04:49 PM
Bob Parnass

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 03:42:16 +0000, John wrote:

Does anyone know where to get the optional CTCSS board for the radio Shack
Pro-2045 scanner? Rat Shack's catalog number is 20-0031 .

FYI, the PRO-2045 used the same optional CTCSS board sold for
the discontinued Uniden/Bearcat BC9000XLT and BC8500XLT models.
Uniden identified the CTCSS board as a BC005.

Perhaps you can find a Uniden dealer who still has one in stock.

Bob Parnass, AJ9S GNU/Linux User http://parnass.com

Old October 18th 05, 09:35 PM
Al Klein

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:37:12 GMT, "John" said
in rec.radio.scanner:

I called 1-800-TheShack and asked for the CTCSS tone board (20-0031) and
they had no idea what I was talking about.

No surprise. Call them and give them a part number. (It should be in
the manual.)

For minimum wage you expect them to learn something about the products
they "support"?

Old October 18th 05, 09:43 PM
Bill Crocker

As Bob Parnass mentioned, same as the Uniden BC005. I did a quick Google
search, and found a place that claims they have it in stock!

http://www.randl.com/cgi-local/cart/cart.cgi?cart=Search&groupnumber=(8000)

Bill Crocker

Old October 19th 05, 03:26 AM
John

Thanks fellas.

"John" wrote in message
Does anyone know where to get the optional CTCSS board for the radio
Shack Pro-2045 scanner? Rat Shack's catalog number is 20-0031 .

WTB Yaesu FTS-22 CTCSS tone board Fred Besancon Swap 0 August 12th 05 08:38 AM
Help ID CTCSS board Jimmy Mac General 0 October 10th 04 06:57 PM
WANTED: Uniden Scanner BC002 CTCSS Tone Board Jim Equipment 0 February 6th 04 12:16 AM
WANTED: Uniden Scanner BC002 CTCSS Tone Board Jim Equipment 0 February 6th 04 12:16 AM