Old April 29th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default 1N23W source?

Does anyone know of a source for a couple of 1N23W mixer diodes?

This is not a new design, they are for repair. So, I must use the old
style cartridge unit.

Thanks!

Mike, WB5MYY
Old May 2nd 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Lynn Coffelt

wrote in message

Does anyone know of a source for a couple of 1N23W mixer diodes?

This is not a new design, they are for repair. So, I must use the old
style cartridge unit.

Thanks!

Mike, WB5MYY

No help, probably, but most early marine radars used the type diode you
are looking for, usually in a matched pair (one reverse polarity from the
other). A most common replacement, and which worked as well or better was
the 1N415E (or F too, if I remember correctly) The 415's cap could be
installed on either end for reversing the polarity.
Both the 23 and the 415 types are very sensitive to damage from
external RF fields and static electricity. Came packed in metal tubes, metal
foil or other RF protecting packaging. If your use is very critical, try to
avoid buying any not in original, unopened packaging.
But you probably already know all of that...... grin!
Old Chief Lynn

Old May 3rd 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Michael A. Terrell

Lynn Coffelt wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

Some were packed in lead foil, as well.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Old May 3rd 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
MRe

"Michael A. Terrell" schreef in bericht
Lynn Coffelt wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

I have two of them indeed packed in lead tubing.

MRe

Mobile Antenna Matching Question wb5cys Antenna 128 June 15th 05 03:41 AM
Tx Source Impedance & Load Reflections Richard Fry Antenna 8 May 28th 04 06:29 PM
Anttron 8010b source? Jim Equipment 2 February 23rd 04 12:09 AM
Is it possible to have a 1:1 SWR? Macman Antenna 44 December 31st 03 09:54 PM
Marconi Signal Source type 6059A [email protected] Homebrew 0 July 31st 03 07:50 PM