RadioBanter

-   -   Need 2" Greenlee radio chassis punch. Buy, Rent, Borrow or trade!!! (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/172960-need-2-greenlee-radio-chassis-punch-buy-rent-borrow-trade.html)

NS5Z August 31st 11 07:21 PM

Need 2" Greenlee radio chassis punch. Buy, Rent, Borrow or trade!!!

I am buidling a 1960 Electronics Illustrated Novice rig (see the
Files on the Ameco AC-1 Yahoo Group for more info on the rig).

I offer cash, trade, (I have a beautiful NOS 240-0-240 power xfmr and
other stuff), Rent with deposit to you or send you the front panel and
you make hole. (Postage paid both ways and a stipend!).

Oh almost forgot, I need 6L6 bottle or 6L6G, old style... and a 5Y3
and 5Y3G. I want to light up the whole room.

I am also still looking for a National Type "K" Vernier Dial.

73 All, John NS5Z

Scott Dorsey August 31st 11 09:27 PM

NS5Z wrote:
I am buidling a 1960 Electronics Illustrated Novice rig (see the
Files on the Ameco AC-1 Yahoo Group for more info on the rig).

I offer cash, trade, (I have a beautiful NOS 240-0-240 power xfmr and
other stuff), Rent with deposit to you or send you the front panel and
you make hole. (Postage paid both ways and a stipend!).

If you only need to make one hole, and it's an aluminum chassis, try using
a hole saw. $5 at Ace Hardware.
--scott

Kenneth Scharf September 1st 11 02:35 AM

On 08/31/2011 04:27 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
wrote:
I am buidling a 1960 Electronics Illustrated Novice rig (see the
Files on the Ameco AC-1 Yahoo Group for more info on the rig).

I offer cash, trade, (I have a beautiful NOS 240-0-240 power xfmr and
other stuff), Rent with deposit to you or send you the front panel and
you make hole. (Postage paid both ways and a stipend!).

If you only need to make one hole, and it's an aluminum chassis, try using
a hole saw. $5 at Ace Hardware.
--scott

I assume the 2" hole is for the panel meter. I've used hole saws (works
best in a drill press) and they work fine. Make sure you have good
belts on your drill press (mine are old and slip). I've had good luck
with an el-cheapo hole saw set from Harbor Freight.