Old March 9th 17, 12:32 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Wednesday 8 March 2017

RadioInsight

K-Rock Gives Way To AC Fun 101 In Reno

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...-fun-101-reno/

From RadioInsight

Evans Broadcasting flipped Rock 100.9 K-Rock KURK Sparks/Reno NV to AC Fun
101 on Tuesday, March 7.

Cluster OM Doug Daniels adds PD and morning host duties for the new
station. His wife Denise Daniels will host middays and Reno market veteran
Rick Carter joins for afternoons from Shamrock Active Rock Z105.3 KZTI. The
syndicated John Tesh will be heard at night. New KRFN call letters are now
in place.

The new format goes after Reno Media Groups 106.9 More-FM KRNO. No web or
social media presence exits yet for the new brand. KURK midday host
Kathleen and afternoon host Jay Slater will segue to sister Country 92.1
The Wolf KWFP.

The post K-Rock Gives Way To AC Fun 101 In Reno appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Highway Stations To Be Auctioned Off

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...auctioned-off/

From RadioInsight

Seven stations in the California desert on the route between Los Angeles
and Las Vegas are being auctioned off at the end of the month.

Scott Knoblauch of Spectrum Media, LLC is taking bids on the seven stations
split into three formats branded as Highway Radio as part of Chapter 11
Bankruptcy proceedings against parent KHWY Inc. The stations once thrived
as being the only in-car entertainment for those driving on Interstate 15
to Las Vegas and back to Los Angeles. Newer options have taken away much of
the ability of these stations to draw advertisers.

The stations available in the bankruptcy auction a

Hot AC The Highway Vibe 98.1 KRXV Yermo/Barstow, 98.9 KHWY Essex, and 99.7
KHYZ Mountain Pass CA. KHYZ also has a 370w/454m booster KHYZ-FM2 Las Vegas
that covers much of the market.

Country Highway Country 101.5 KIXF Baker and 107.3 KIXW-FM Lenwood/Barstow
CA.

Rock The Drive 94.9 KHRQ Baker and 96.9 KHDR Lenwood/Barstow

Confidential bids are due to Knoblauch by March 31. Information can be
received via e-mail to or calling (864)233-9530.

The post Highway Stations To Be Auctioned Off appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Keefer Returns To KBCO

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...-returns-kbco/

From RadioInsight

iHeartMedia AAA 97.3 KBCO Boulder/Denver has announced that David Keefer
Fulgham will return to the station on March 20 to host afternoons from
3-8pm.

Keefer served as Music Director/afternoon host on KBCO from 1999 through
2012 when he was the victim of one of then-Clear Channels mass layoffs.
Since then he has worked for Community Radio for Northern Colorados 91.5
KUNC and 105.5 The Colorado Sound KJAC where he was involved with the
launch of the non-comm AAA and served as MD/Afternoon host. Prior to coming
to Colorado in 1999, he spent four years as PD of AAA KBXR Columbia MO.

iHeartMedia Denver announced today the return of popular afternoon host
Keefer to 97.3 KBCO, Denver’s World Class Rock, effective March 20, 2017.
Keefer will broadcast weekdays from 3 – 8 p.m.

Keefer will feature KBCO’s variety of World Class Rock and will host
artists live in KBCO Studio C (the stations live performance studio).

“Being on-air at 97.3 KBCO one of the most respected radio stations in the
country setting up Studio C recordings for some of the most prolific
musicians in the industry, and working alongside some of the most creative,
professional, and hard-working people I have ever encountered, I was truly
living my dream,” said Keefer. “I’m excited about coming home to 97.3 KBCO.”

Keefer previously served as afternoon host on 97.3 KBCO from 1999 until
2012 before taking a five-year hiatus.

“The legacy of KBCO has Keefer’s DNA all over it. I am thrilled beyond
words to welcome him back,” said Scott Arbough, Program Director of 97.3
KBCO. “Keefer’s gift is his honest and smooth baritone combined with great
interaction and a clever command of language that is a rare gift. We are so
excited to share this gift with the Denver / Boulder radio listeners. He’s
back!”

97.3 KBCO is a leading media outlet in the Denver market and its content is
available across multiple platforms, including its broadcast station;
online via its branded digital site; mobile; and social, with nationwide
listening through iHeartRadio, the all-in-one streaming music and live
radio service – with its more than a billion downloads and 95 million
registered users.

The post Keefer Returns To KBCO appeared first on RadioInsight.

Chris Crowley Moves From WCMF Rochester To KGON Portland

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...kgon-portland/

From RadioInsight

Entercom has transferred Chris Crowley as Program Director of 96.5 WCMF
Rochester to 92.3 KGON Portland.

Crowley has programmed WCMF since 2010. He has previously programmed 94.5
WARO Fort Myers FL, 95.3 KUJZ/97.9 KNRQ Eugene OR, and served as a
consultant for Jacobs Media.

Entercom Portland welcomes Chris Crowley as the new program director for
92.3 KGON, Portland’s Classic Rock Station.

“We could not be happier to have Chris join the Entercom Portland cluster,”
stated Tim McNamara, general manager, Entercom Portland. “I know Chris will
do great things for KGON, and I’m very excited about the future of our
legendary station.”

“Getting to work for Entercom Portland and having the opportunity to
oversee heritage call letters like KGON is a once in a career kind of deal”
said Crowley. “The chance to take this 48 year heritage station back to the
top is one I just cant pass up and I’m looking forward to forging new
relationships in Portland. Thank you to Pat Paxton, Michael Doyle, and Tim
McNamara for this phenomenal opportunity.”

Crowley joins the team with an extensive background of work in radio. After
graduating from the University of Alaska Anchorage, Crowley has spent 26
years in various radio companies, including programming and working with
Jacobs Media, the countrys premier rock consultancy.

The post Chris Crowley Moves From WCMF Rochester To KGON Portland appeared
first on RadioInsight.

Wyoming Cluster Set To Go Dark In Tower Rent Dispute

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...-rent-dispute/

From RadioInsight

Rich Broadcastings four stations in Jackson Hole WY are set to go dark on
Wednesday, March 8 over a dispute with American Tower on what the company
owes.

Owner Robert Mecham has been trying to negotiate down the $500,000 the
company owes in back rent claiming that the rent that the company pays is
not commensurate with the size of the market. Mecham told the Jackson Hole
News Guide that “We have tried and tried and tried to work out a deal On
Wednesday those stations are going dark.”

A letter to American Towers attorney that Mecham shared with the newspaper
questioned why none of the monthly fees seem to make sense. Rich
Broadcasting pays $750 per month for 90kW/315m KJAX using a 14 bay antenna,
while 50kW/323m KMTN and 100kW/322m KZJH pay $3000 each per month. He also
asks why stations in markets like Boise, much larger than Jackson Hole
reaching many more potential listeners pay less than he does. As part of a
Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing last year, Rich Broadcasting sought to have
the money owned cut down to $150,000.

Rich Broadcasting owns Country 93.5 KJAX, Classic Rock KZ 95.3 KZJH, AAA
96.9 The Mountain KMTN, and News/Talk 1340 KSGT/96.3 K242BU which
simulcasts sister 590 KID Idaho Falls ID. The company acquired those
stations along with three stations in Sun Valley ID from Chaparral
Broadcasting in 2013 for $3.7 million.

In preparation of potentially losing their tower site, Rich Broadcasting
relaunched the online streams for the KJAX, KMTN, and KZJH today.

The post Wyoming Cluster Set To Go Dark In Tower Rent Dispute appeared
first on RadioInsight.