Old March 12th 05, 09:53 PM
Telamon

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

For good sounding News/Talker try 810.

KGO is great... for San Francisco. KFI is a good news source, has a
significant quotient of local talent, like Handel, and is beautifully
imaged and produced by Robin. It is as good as they come, especially
in the local news coverage.

I can't stand listening to Bill Handel. He sounds like he is spitting
all over the microphone and desk when excited and I have heard enough
dumb things come out of that guys mouth to last a lifetime. The radio
personalities at KFI must carry their own microphone covers with them.

I have the car radio buttons on KGO 600, KFI 640, KABC 790,KNX 1070,
KVEN 1520. I also listen to KGO 810 in the evening hours where they
sound like a local station any night. I listen to the news on these
stations and the most time. I listen to some of the personalities like
Hannity during lunch time or John and Ken on the drive home but my
preference at that time is Al Rantel on KABC.

The only personality I care for on KGO is Dr. Bill Wattenburg keeping in
mind that I only hear KGO evenings.

Other than that the radio in the car is on a classical music station.
Only one left 105.1 K-Mozart along with the public service stations.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old March 12th 05, 09:53 PM
David Eduardo

"David" wrote in message
On 11 Mar 2005 06:36:45 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
And American Idol is the number one TV show.

Because many people watch it. Duh.

Because it can deliver a demographic. Not because it has any lasting
value.

Most entertainment was not designed for lasting value. Dickens was paid by
the word to pad stories and draw them out to increase circulation, and
Shakespeare was considered "vulgar" by the ruling classes. They both
provided entertainments, and, in retrospect, we found them enduring as well.
Much of the best writing of that period is totally forgotten and irrelevant.
Don't be so hasty to dismiss the simple act of providing enjoyment and
entertainment.

Old March 15th 05, 06:33 AM
Christopher C. Stacy

Telamon writes:

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

For good sounding News/Talker try 810.

KGO is great... for San Francisco. KFI is a good news source, has a
significant quotient of local talent, like Handel, and is beautifully
imaged and produced by Robin. It is as good as they come, especially
in the local news coverage.

I can't stand listening to Bill Handel. He sounds like he is spitting
all over the microphone and desk when excited and I have heard enough
dumb things come out of that guys mouth to last a lifetime.

It is billed as a comedy show, you know.

Old March 15th 05, 06:34 AM
David

On 12 Mar 2005 21:53:11 GMT, Telamon
wrote:

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

[...]

Can you get KUSC's translator out of Moorpark?

Old March 15th 05, 06:34 AM
ClippertyClop

"Mike Terry" wrote in message ...
Wired magazine has dedicated their March issue to what they call "The End of
Radio" -- a series of articles on digital radio, podcasting, and satellite
radio.

http://www.kurthanson.com/archive/news/022405/index.asp

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.03/stern.html

Try listening to http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/index.shtml?logo which
proves that quality terrestial radio is very much alive and well and
still, with no commercials.

CC

Old March 16th 05, 04:12 AM
roger carroll

Airplane crashed into the tower and knocked it down...two people in the
plane died.