Old April 11th 05, 03:37 AM
Steve Sobol

Bob Haberkost wrote:

Indeed...as Steve might point out, Karl Haas used to work for WCLV

Did he *work* for WCLV, or was he just syndicated by Radio Seaway Inc.? (RSI
used to own WCLV. The station has since been transferred to a local nonprofit
that also owns WCPN, the local NPR station. I don't know whether the
distribution division still exists.)

Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Old April 12th 05, 01:21 AM
Tom Betz

"Bob Haberkost" wrote in
:

Dr Haas retired several years ago, figuring he'd pretty much done a
treatment of every sort on the music played for the program.

I grew up listening to Karl Haas on WJR in the 1960s. When I started
listening again recently via the WCLV OggVorbis stream, I was amazed at
how little his program had changed over 40 years! Except for his
featuring the occasional post-1975 musical work, you'd never know it
wasn't 1965, and you'd never miss knowing.

"Adventures in Good Music" is truly an evergreen program; I hope it
never leaves the air.

Does anyone know whether WCLV's archives also include Haas' WJR programs?
It would be fun to hear some of them now.

--
George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

Old April 12th 05, 01:21 AM
Tom Betz

"Bob Haberkost" wrote in
:

And that's the problem....we "lefties" know that there are two sides
to every story,

This "lefty" knows that there are usually more than two.

Old April 14th 05, 06:39 AM
Steve Sobol

Tom Betz wrote:

Does anyone know whether WCLV's archives also include Haas' WJR programs?
It would be fun to hear some of them now.

You might want to email WCLV... I have no clue. (Or email WJR and see if
they have them??)

**SJ "really, I'm not a Cleveland radio guru, I just lived there for 30-plus
years" S