Old September 13th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default Getting response to old QSL requests

Recently I sent E-mails to foreign hams about responses to 80 meter QSL's
that I sent out 6 to 12 months ago. The responses were good. Most didn't
receive my QSL and one said that he had not sent out any yet but was going
to soon. These included no DX-peditions.

I have in my mind that this would be a good thing to do on a regular basis
(again, big DX-peditions excluded). It looks to me like 6 months is a good
point to do this but I wonder what some of you think???

Trav, WX0Y

Old September 14th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

"redfox39" wrote in message
Recently I sent E-mails to foreign hams about responses to 80 meter QSL's
that I sent out 6 to 12 months ago. The responses were good. Most didn't
receive my QSL and one said that he had not sent out any yet but was going
to soon. These included no DX-peditions.

I have in my mind that this would be a good thing to do on a regular basis
(again, big DX-peditions excluded). It looks to me like 6 months is a
good
point to do this but I wonder what some of you think???

Trav, WX0Y

If you sent direct, 6 months is probably long enough wait. If you had sent
via the bureau, that is way too soon to make a query.

Dee, N8UZE

Old September 14th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Win Win is offline

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:38:20 -0500, "redfox39"
wrote:

Recently I sent E-mails to foreign hams about responses to 80 meter QSL's
that I sent out 6 to 12 months ago. The responses were good. Most didn't
receive my QSL and one said that he had not sent out any yet but was going
to soon. These included no DX-peditions.

I have in my mind that this would be a good thing to do on a regular basis
(again, big DX-peditions excluded). It looks to me like 6 months is a good
point to do this but I wonder what some of you think???

Trav, WX0Y

Six months is probably good for individuals. I would wait a little
longer for Dexpeditions. Perhaps nine months. I only have one
Dexpedition out more than nine month.

Win

Old September 14th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

wrote:

Recently I sent E-mails to foreign hams about responses to 80 meter QSL's
that I sent out 6 to 12 months ago. The responses were good. Most didn't
receive my QSL and one said that he had not sent out any yet but was going
to soon. These included no DX-peditions.

I have in my mind that this would be a good thing to do on a regular basis
(again, big DX-peditions excluded). It looks to me like 6 months is a good
point to do this but I wonder what some of you think???

Trav, WX0Y

I sent a QSL thru the buro 9-7-1995 - RA3QSY. I got his card
1-5-2006.
No bull!
Save the books, the terminal providers
will soon control all knowledge.
Old September 16th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

the QSL bureau can be very slow as can some stations before they reply. I routinely
receive bureaucards which have been travelling up to 4 years but sometimes roundtrip takes
only a few weeks. It depens wethere the bureau uses burro service or not. Be patient and
carefull what you write, your card may not arrive for another few years. Longest a card
for me took is 25 (twentyfive) years and looking at the writing and discoloring it was
written 25yrs ago.

Old September 17th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Many thanks for the replies to my post. I wanted a few other opinions and I
had hoped for some from DX stations also but that didn't happen.

I believe that I will follow the 6 month elapsed time for a follow-up query.
I am mainly concerned right now with 80 meter DX contacts. (very hard to get
from the Midwest - every one is gold) and of course new countries.
DXpeditions take longer and should be allowed longer time before a query. I
just did some calculations and find that I get over 92% replies within 6
months. The other 8 percent are received within a year or never come.

Bureau is an entirely different matter and I never use it if I really need
something but I do respond to any bureau requests. Over the last 20 years I
have lost a lot of confidence in QSL'ing through the bureau. I don't do
E-QSL's yet but do use LOTW. I can see that by using the combination one
could get the QSL from one and the credit through the other. Hopefully they
will both continue to grow. I don't even want to know how much money I have
given to the mail thieves over the years. I sure welcome the new methods of
QSL'ing though.

Again, tnx for your inputs, Trav, WX0Y