Old July 2nd 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default What Is The Meaning of No QSL Required ???

How do you interpret "No QSL Required"? Does that mean the station is going
to QSL all stations worked 100% whether they send a card or not?

I see this on cards I receive from the buro but I wonder had I not QSL'd
would I have received a card in return.

Old July 2nd 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Pat Whelton wrote:
How do you interpret "No QSL Required"? Does that mean the station is going
to QSL all stations worked 100% whether they send a card or not?

I see this on cards I receive from the buro but I wonder had I not QSL'd
would I have received a card in return.

Were these cards from rare countries or from very active contest stations?

I've always figured this meant the station was "preemptively QSLing" -
that they were sending cards through the bureau to *everyone* in their
log, and that they didn't want to *receive* any cards at all.
(presumably they already have every award they want, or in the case of
an expedition, don't plan to apply for awards)

So yes, I think you would have received these cards even if you hadn't
sent QSLs to those stations.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66