Old May 24th 16, 05:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [W2LJ] Back in the saddle again!

W2LJ's Blog - QRP - Do More With Less.

Back in the saddle again!

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

Woo Hoo!

The tendinitis in my ankle still has me wearing my "boot". However, it
feels good enough to allow me to hobble down the basement in order to get
back behind the radio. So I was happy to work five NPOTA ATNOs this weekend!

I have 112 confirmed, with two of the five from this weekend. Once the
other three logs are posted, I should be up to 115 confirmed. What was
even cooler is that four of the five QSOs were CW QSOs. I am so much more
used to working CW pileups than SSB pileups. I manage, but I feel slightly
like a duck out of water when using the microphone. In a CW pileup, I feel
like it's just a matter of time, while in a SSB pileup, I keep my fingers
crossed the whole time.

Next weekend in the USA is Memorial Day Weekend, which is the "unofficial"
beginning of Summer. It's my humble opinion that this will bring out a lot
more NPOTA activations, with folks having vacation time, and/or wanting to
spend their weekends outdoors, if at all possible.

The Activator bug is biting me again, causing me to itch. I'm thinking
that WR03, the Delaware National Scenic River is a possibility. Maybe
Washington's Crossing Park.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least@