Old July 6th 05, 03:26 AM

Default Realistic HTX-202 Shows Error

I'm reviving this thread to add another data point. My HTX-202, not
used for some time, is showing the "Er 1" error message. My owner's
manual, date code 10A1, makes no mention of this on page 36.

That's no problem, as I saw the link posted the last time this was a
thread at rrae. Thanks to all who posted with the solution to this
problem, and to WB3QCK for providing the website with the lavish
illustrations.

http://www.qsl.net/wb3gck/htx-202_err1.htm

Thanks again.

Old July 7th 05, 01:57 AM
Bob McConnell

That battery is soldered to the PC board inside the radio. Last time I
had it replaced (98?) it cost me US$65.00 at the local shack. Next
time I do it myself.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:11:30 -0400, Jack O'neill
wrote:

If I remember correctly it is letting you know the memory back up
battery needs to be replaced.
Also, if you reset the radio it should work till you turn it off again.

73 and good luck,

Old July 7th 05, 02:13 AM
Jack O'neill

$65 bucks, wow. Do it yourself is right!!
It is an easy one to do.
73