Old July 14th 10, 06:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default MiniCircuits DBM --- SBL-1-8

Hi all

As titled. I have just got one out of my stock of parts and have no
data.

It was bought 15 odd years ago and, sadly, any data with it seems to
have gone with the wind. There appears to be no online reference or
data for the item in the SBL-1-X series, so no doubt it's obsolete.

I am just about to use it for a non-critical application, but wonder if
it differs markedly from the usual SBl-1's? I would hate to badly under
drive it, or worse, use it as an expensive fuse!

The part is marked:

MCL SBL-1-8
915215

Does any kind soul have an old catalogue or data sheet, or even the info
at their finger tips.... or has even heard of them?

Just looking for the headline differences, please, if possible, thank
you.

John
GW0OAJ
--
JC Morrice

Old July 14th 10, 08:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/SBL-1-datasheet.html
try this link.

"JC Morrice" schreef in bericht

Old July 14th 10, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In article , pa5tig
writes

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/SBL-1-datasheet.html
try this link.
"JC Morrice" schreef in bericht

snip

The part is marked:

MCL SBL-1-8
915215

snip

Thanks for your link, but I have already been to that and others, as
indicated. No joy on the dash1 dash8 flavour; that includes
MiniCircuits own current database. Hence my post.....

John
GW0OAJ
--
JC Morrice

Old July 15th 10, 09:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Hey OM

Did you try the WAYBACK MACHINE?

Go to http://archive.org
and type in www.minicircuits.com in the WAYBACK MACHINE
and go back a few years

The Application Data is still archived back to 1997.

73 OM
de n8zu

On Jul 14, 4:48*pm, JC Morrice wrote:
In article , pa5tig
writes

Old July 15th 10, 09:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In JC Morrice
wrote:

Does any kind soul have an old catalogue or data sheet, or even the info
at their finger tips.... or has even heard of them?

Can't help you personally, but if nothing else turns up, as a last resort
there's always

jp at uk.minicircuits.com

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN

jp at uk.minicircuits.com

Thanks all. I got feedback from MCL. Treat electrically as an SRA-1-1.
And from memory and from another NG, 0.1 to 200 MHz @ +7dBm LO
injection.

John
GW0OAJ
--
JC Morrice

Old July 16th 10, 02:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Hey OM:

From the miniciruits.com app notes archive in 1999 i found this:

6. LO DRIVE.
The LO drive is critical since the function of the LO drive is to
switch the mixer diodes fully on and off for lowest distortion. So,
for optimum performance, select the mixer level to match the LO drive.
Mini-Circuits conveniently identifies its mixer levels by the LO drive
requirement; thus a Level 7 mixer refers to a LO drive level of +7
dBm. If there are constraints on the LO power available, select the
lowest level mixer closest to the available LO power. For example, if
+12 dBm LO drive is available, select a Level 10 mixer.

73 OM
de n8zu