Old December 22nd 17, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

Default Your own PCBs?

https://hackaday.com/2017/12/22/impr...b-fabrication/

Old December 22nd 17, 08:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote on 12/22/2017 1:51 PM:

https://hackaday.com/2017/12/22/impr...b-fabrication/

It doesn't look so much like he uses the laser to engrave PCBs as expose the
photoresist which still must be followed by etching. To me the etching is
the more awkward part of the whole process.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Old December 22nd 17, 08:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

On 22/12/2017 20:16, rickman wrote:
Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote on 12/22/2017 1:51 PM:

https://hackaday.com/2017/12/22/impr...b-fabrication/

It doesn't look so much like he uses the laser to engrave PCBs as expose
the photoresist which still must be followed by etching.Â* To me the
etching is the more awkward part of the whole process.

I'm sure you are correct. While the idea is fine, the machine looks to
be one of the low power beasts sold on Ebay for £120-150 which,
according to the notes, have limited cutting (which is essentially what
you are doing) capability.

Of course, none of that negates the value of the video etc- getting the
pattern onto the board can be a pain. I tend to use Photo/UV etc. I've
never had much joy with 'iron transfer' methods.

You mentioned you found etching more awkward- each to their own. I find
that straight forward- provided you watch things. An outer 'water bath'
(warm) to maintain the temperature and agitation (I just wriggle the
tray) helps.

Milling of PCBs? gareth Homebrew 5 November 16th 17 04:32 PM
RF Filter PCBs [email protected] Shortwave 19 November 8th 07 02:12 PM
RF Filter PCBs [email protected] Equipment 0 November 3rd 07 03:54 AM
AR88s and PCBs Bri Boatanchors 30 November 3rd 05 09:05 AM
Making PCBs Dick Homebrew 7 February 3rd 04 12:56 AM