Old October 6th 17, 01:46 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Thursday 5 October 2017

RadioInsight

Patrick Knight Rises To KYGO Music Director

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/12...usic-director/

From RadioInsight

Bonneville Country 98.5 KYGO Denver has promoted Morning Show Producer
Patrick Knight to Music Director.

Knight will continue to produce the Tracy, Goose, Guy Morning Show for
KYGO while adding his additional duties. He joined the station in 2014
after previously working on-air and as Executive Producer for K102 102.1
KEEY Minneapolis.

BONNEVILLE COUNTRY 98.5 KYGO/DENVER, CO Names Patrick Knight Music Director

“I arrived at KYGO one year ago and Patrick quickly showed himself to be a
multi-tool player that I could depend on”, said KYGO PD John E. Kage. “In
addition to producing the KYGO morning show and handling a part of our
imaging, he proved to be a valuable asset in the music. He understands the
Country lifestyle, the timing of records as it pertains to the audience,
the history of artists, and having helped me with interviews and backstage
events he also has earned the respect of the labels for his
professionalism.”

Patrick commented, To be named Music Director at a legendary station like
98.5 KYGO is truly an amazing honor and a privilege. Ive been blessed to
learn from and be around some of the best in the business like Gregg
Swedberg, Eddie Haskell and my current PD John E. Kage. I cant thank Kage
enough for not only believing in me but trusting me with this position and
Ive had a blast learning from him since he started here last year. Finally,
a huge thank you to my family (my wife Becky and daughter Madison) for
their continued support in my career.”

The post Patrick Knight Rises To KYGO Music Director appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Y108 Pittsburgh Goes Broadway For Mornings

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/12...dway-mornings/

From RadioInsight

CBS Radio Country Y108 107.9 WDSY Pittsburgh has filled its morning opening
with the addition of Broadways Backyard starting October 9.

Broadway joins WDSY after exiting iHeartMedias Country 92.5 WWYZ Hartford
CT in June. He also has hosted nights at iHearts B93.7 WBCT, nights and
mornings at CHR 104.5 WSNX in Grand Rapids, nights at CHR Z107.7 KSLZ St.
Louis and mornings at CBS 99.9 Kiss Country WKIS Miami.

Broadways Backyard fills the opening created by the exit of Ally Butler and
Andy Davis in June.

The post Y108 Pittsburgh Goes Broadway For Mornings appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Dick Enberg Joins Podcast One With Sound of Success

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/po...sound-success/

From RadioInsight

Podcast One Sports has announced the launch of Sound of Success hosted by
legendary sportscaster Dick Enberg.

The first episode will debut on Thursday, October 4 featuring guest Billie
Jean King. Future guests include Vin Scully and Bill Walton.

Iconic Hall of Fame Broadcaster and Emmy Award Winner Dick Enberg signs on
to the recently-announced PodcastOne Sports Network with his new show,
Sound of Success. With his exposure, relationships and success in sports
and academia, which transcends athletic categories and decades, he invites
guests to share life lessons, humorous anecdotes, historic moments, and the
personal ingredients that power our heroes to greatness. The podcast debuts
tomorrow with guest Billie Jean King, and is available weekly at
PodcastOne.com, the PodcastOne app and Apple Podcasts. Upcoming episodes
will feature the legendary voice of Los Angeles broadcaster Vin Scully, as
well as NBA Champion Bill Walton, announced PodcastOne Founder and
Executive Chairman Norman Pattiz.

“What a fantastic opportunity to be on the front edge of todays
communication – a podcast,” said Enberg. “To continue to rub shoulders with
sports’ greatest, and share their personal stories of stunning success, has
my adrenal glands pumping. Im incredibly excited to have a chance to renew
the echoes of my 60-year career.”

During the interview with King, whose movie Battle of the Sexes is
currently in theaters, the pair discussed her history in tennis, thoughts
on equality, praise for LeBron James, living through today’s roster of
players, why she’s now worried about equal status for men and more. Enberg
also reveals the original plans he had for his career, which didn’t involve
broadcasting.

King said of the podcast, “I just hope everyone listening understands what
an icon you are, and how much you’ve given to us with your voice, with your
intelligence, with your observations, and all the things you’ve done for
us…And it’s a real privilege to be on your first podcast ever. I am so
excited. That’ll be one of my big claims to fame.”

Below are excerpts from the interview:

On Living Her Dreams Through Current Players

King: “The original nine women who signed a $1 contract…that is the birth
of women’s professional tennis the way you know it today. So, if you go see
the movie, Battle of the Sexes, and you see us holding up the money, it’s
really important to know that is the moment of truth. That’s the birth of
women’s professional tennis, and now, when Sloane Stephens just got $3.7
million winning the U.S. Open, that’s because of that day. So we are
thrilled because the players are living our dreams. Our dream for the
future generations was they’d have a place to compete…and number two, we
would be appreciated for our accomplishments, and not just our looks, and
also, number three, to be able to make a living.”

On LeBron James, Unity and Equality

King: “Sports is an amazing platform to try to help forward good things…A
person of color, LeBron James – he’s another unbelievable, all-time great –
and he’s very opinionated, and you know, in the old days, a lot of the
athletes wouldn’t talk because they didn’t want to lose money or
endorsements. He doesn’t care, which I like…you don’t have to agree with
him, but we have the most unbelievable platform through sports to help
change things…

I just want us to get along. We don’t have to agree. I don’t care what
party you’re from. I don’t care about all that. I care about, just, daily
respect, acts of kindness, generosity…”

On Her Concern About Equality for Men

King: “Before 1972, there were classroom quotas…For instance, if I wanted
to be a doctor and go to Harvard, they only allowed 5% of the class to be
women. Ok? This was before Title IX. Now, after Title IX…more than half of
University and college students are women. Now, I’m worried about the men
because it should reflect America, and it doesn’t. We have to make sure
that men continue to go to college and get degrees.”

On Dick’s Original Career Plan

Enberg: “I got a $100 academic scholarship $100 they’re going to pay me to
go to college? Oh my.”

King: “What did you major in?”

Enberg: “Physical Education, and I wanted to be a coach. I had no design on
being a broadcaster…I was a junior in college; I applied for a custodial
job at a little radio station. They paid a buck an hour. And what happened
was, the General Manager did hear my voice, he threw me in a studio, and
turned on a tape machine and gave me a five minute news summary, and said,
‘Read.’ I said, ‘Don’t I get a chance to look it over first?’ He said, ‘No.
Read. Let’s see what you can do.’ I read. Three weeks later I got a phone
call, ‘Come on in, you got the job.’ I said, ‘Where’s the broom closet? You
know, I’m ready to sweep and mop.’ He said, ‘No. You’re our new disc
jockey.’ I didn’t even know how to turn on the turn tables.”

For the full episode or to subscribe, visit:
https://www.podcastone.com/sound-of-...enberg-podcast

For more information, please visit www.PodcastOne.com. To advertise, please
contact PodcastOne at .

The post Dick Enberg Joins Podcast One With Sound of Success appeared first
on RadioInsight.