Old May 30th 16, 05:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [W2LJ] Grand slam?

W2LJ's Blog - QRP - Do More With Less.

Grand slam?

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

So how big a home run has the ARRL hit with National Parks on the Air? I
guess when you've made the cover of the DX Engineering catalog - you could
say a very, very big one!

Don't forget as we rapdily approach the first day of Summer, in about three
weeks, that Skeeter Hunt numbers for 2016 will begin to be issued. I'm
still tweaking the rules a bit to accomodate full integration of NPOTA into
the Hunt. Bonus points will be awarded to those who activate an entity
during this year's contest.

I've successfully chased about seven new ones this weekend. It's becoming a
tad more difficult to hear new ones that I've never worked before. I think
the highlight was wortking K2EZ to get Morristown National Historical Park
in my "entities worked" coluimn. I helped Dave KD2FSI with his activation
of HP28 and I went up there once by myself to activate it - but I had never
worked it until yesterday. While twiddling the dial on 40 Meters yesterday
afternoon, I caught Andrea on groundwave and added another to the "worked"
tally.

Even though the WPX CW contest was this weekend, my focus has been laser
like on NPOTA. This event has been so much - it's almost kind of like
having the 13 Colonies event all year long!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

[K9ZW] Maestro Initial Impression - FlexRadio Systems knocks out a Grand Slam with this accessory! K9ZW via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin Moderated 0 May 14th 16 01:01 PM
GM/Toyota slam HD Radio! [email protected] Shortwave 2 July 11th 08 03:42 AM
The Band is GRAND ! A.E. 352 CB 1 December 11th 06 03:18 AM
My First Heroin Slam. Life Changing Decision ? MarQueerMyDear Swap 8 November 29th 06 08:14 PM
SLAM DUNK! Keyclowns crying as usual-CRY OVER THIS! LOL! CB 12 April 30th 06 01:46 AM