Old January 13th 18, 06:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [W2LJ] Busy weekend coming up

W2LJ QRP - When you care to send the very least!

Busy weekend coming up

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

We have a long weekend coming up, as the company where I work (NOT the
company for whom I work) observes Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's birthday as a
holiday. I have to use one of my vacation days if I want to receive paid
time off.

Even though I have to burn a vacation day, I am grateful for the extra day
off as there is a ton of things I want to accomplish this weekend.

1) Tomorrow morning is the monthly VE Session that our club holds.
According to Drew W2OU, our VE Liaison, in his last e-mail to the team, he
announced that we have only one candidate who pre-registered. We do accept
walk-ins, so that could very well increase.

2) I want to get on the air! Dang it, I haven't had the chance to play
radio in too long of a while. The NAQP CW is this weekend and that's an
easy exchange. Of course the weekend I'd like to rag chew, there's a major
contest going on - that's always the way. I suppose if I decide to not get
involved with contest exchanges, there's always 30 Meters.

3) Sunday is our monthly day at the soup kitchen, That kind of eats up the
whole afternoon.

4) Today, we have a big rain storm here in NJ and temperatures are in the
upper 50s. That should wash away all the snow from last week. That will
allow me to get the outdoor Christmas decorations taken down and stored in
the basement. That looks like a Monday chore. Of course after the storm
pulls out, Arctic air will come rushing back in - so Monday will be frosty,
but sunny and dry, hopefully.

5) I want to get the personal weather station that I got from Marianne for
Christmas up and running! I plan to use my military surplus masting for
the purpose. I have one piece already anchored in cement in a 5 gallon
paint bucket. I just need to drag that to a suitable place (it only
weighs about 70 pounds) and plop it down. I think another mast section or
two will get the unit to a suitable height for proper performance. This
might also be a Monday project.

I cringe, because the line "The best laid plans of mice and
men .............." come to mind whenever I make plans. I hope I can get
most, if not all of this, done.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!