Old December 2nd 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default 1st Responder Wireless

1st Responder Wireless News, a subsidiary company of 1st Responder
News, is considered the leader in the emergency notification industry,
sending incident alerts to pagers, cell phones, PDAs and e-mails.

1st Responder Wireless News (1RWN), already very active, and recognized
by most media outlets and Public Safety Officials as the "Industry
Leader" in most of the East Coast States, is actively looking for News
Correspondents to become active as Incident Dispatchers for your area.

1RWN has recently gone live with a new DISPATCHER REWARDS PROGRAM, the
most rewarding incentive program in the industry, which will allow our
Dispatchers to log into an online store and buy products ranging from
cameras to computers to digital scanners to a subscription to our 1st
Responder Newspaper to paid membership into one of our 1st Responder
Radio Network affiliates (buff groups with 2-way radio coverage and/or
photography groups in Long Island, MA, MD, NJ, NYC, PA and VA with more
expected soon...), and so much more from over 100+ prizes, by using
points earned by being active on our system! EVERY Dispatcher on our
system will now reap rewards for their hard work, dedication and
loyalty!

We are now active in AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN,
KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MO, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC,
TN, TX, VA, VI, VT, WA, WV and Canada. 1RWN has already acquired many
well known Paging Notification Services including TAC-9 Paging, East
Coast Paging, Ohio Fire News, Maryland Fire Network, Virginia Fire Net,
Toronto Fire Net, Metro Fire Paging and the National Incident News
Network (NINN), with several additional under final negotiations. This
is a very exciting time to become involved.

1RWN sends instant notifications for any newsworthy Police, Fire,
Rescue, Traffic, Weather and Breaking News event within our coverage
areas, to pagers, e-mail, cell phones, PDAs and to our online streaming
tickers. The vast majority of our Dispatch Staff is comprised of
Volunteer and Career Firefighters, Police/Sheriff Officers, Haz-Mat &
Rescue Technicians, 911/ALS/Medevac Dispatchers, ALS, BLS & OEM
Personnel and Skywarn Spotters, on local, county, state and federal
levels.

1RWN has the industry's MOST COMPREHENSIVE Customer Interface selection
process which allows our Subscribers to select EXACTLY what information
they want to receive, from what areas and to what devices. In other
words, you can select to receive JUST building collapse incidents in
Yonkers to be sent to your cell phone, with bridge closures in
Philadelphia being sent to your pager. You are no longer restricted to
receiving ALL alerts from a region, now YOU decide what you receive
from the average 16,000 monthly alerts sent from any of the areas we
cover - 37 States, Washington DC, or Canada!

If you are interested, or would like more information, please check out
the website at www.1RWN.com

Old December 2nd 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

What a joke of a system.

Almost all of the other notification networks operate on a volunteer
basis for their dispatchers. If a dispatcher is in this HOBBY for
rewards, they should seek a job in news media where they pay for those
tips.

Also, they aren't very nice to deal with when you have any problems.
Before they 'took over' some other groups (read forced them to be bought
out), everything was running smoothly. Now, things are awkward at best.

" wrote in
oups.com:

Old December 3rd 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

I have to totally agree... The Incident Notification used to be a great
hobby for scanner enthusiasts until these guys came around and started
to make it a hobby to buy everyone out so that they could charge for
something that should be free.

Old December 3rd 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Hell, even with FirePage Ohio, they charge a one time fee for paperwork,
but, after that, it's reasonably inexpensive.

1st Responder is a joke and they know it. They need to 'reward' their
dispatchers... C'mon.....

" wrote in
ups.com:

&

Old December 17th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Scott posted for all of us...

Hell, even with FirePage Ohio, they charge a one time fee for paperwork,
but, after that, it's reasonably inexpensive.

1st Responder is a joke and they know it. They need to 'reward' their
dispatchers... C'mon.....

So their "dispatchers" page every freaking little call on dispatch so they get
credit for bogus crap. Sorta like green stamps - pay $100 for a 25 cent item.
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.

Old December 17th 06, 05:41 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 22:25:09 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

Scott posted for all of us...

Hell, even with FirePage Ohio, they charge a one time fee for paperwork,
but, after that, it's reasonably inexpensive.

1st Responder is a joke and they know it. They need to 'reward' their
dispatchers... C'mon.....

So their "dispatchers" page every freaking little call on dispatch so they get
credit for bogus crap. Sorta like green stamps - pay $100 for a 25 cent item.

I am sorry but I missed the first part of this thread.

First of all, I have to say that I have only been dispatching for 1st
Responder for about 7-8 months. I came to them via Tac9Radio, of
which I dispatched for about three years.

I was and still am very impressed with 1st Responder Wireless, for
several reasons.

They are all about Quality versus Quantity. We are only allowed to
send out pages that are not confirmed by a unit on scene. No pages
sent out based on PD/FD/EMS/ALS dispatch. No simple smoke showing
calls dispatched until confirmed by crews entering attack mode or a
"working fire" being called by IC. If a dispatcher has a question
about whether a call is dispatch worthy, they are encouraged to ask a
supervisor. It took me a while, and a few friendly admonishments
before I got it down (even though I was a FF for 18 years and even
worked in a 911 center for 5 years).

1st Responders dispatcher also frequent hold meetings to discuss
issues and training. Virginia state dispatchers are having a meeting
this month and the 1st Responder general manager is attending.

So tell me, what is wrong with rewarding dispatchers?

Brian

Brian J. Rueger "Who dares wins"
Capt.(Ret)/Paramedic Hampton, VA.
B.S.Comm/I/Pilot MSgt, USAF (Ret.) 49199
Check out my personal home page: http://members.cox.net/brueger
Check out my photography: http://www.usefilm.com/member/skypilot
"Life's too short to drink LITE beer!"
Old December 18th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Somewhere Nowhere posted for all of us...

They are all about Quality versus Quantity. We are only allowed to
send out pages that are not confirmed by a unit on scene.

Not from what I've seen. Is this a typo?
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.
Old December 18th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Somewhere Nowhere posted for all of us...

So tell me, what is wrong with rewarding dispatchers?

It leads to abuse of the system and the exact problems I stated.
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.