Old August 8th 03, 11:17 PM
GeorgeF

Default New Heavy Duty Scantennas

newt wrote:
Has everybody body seen these?

http://users.cis.net/kingpop/Scanner/Scantenna.htm

I got one yesterday. What a difference from the old ones! Came
double boxed and stuffed full of peanuts so even UPS could not mess it
up getting it here. Pretty darn good for $44.00 with S&H.

Newt

Wow, thanks for pointing them out. I have 2 of the older ScanTennas
from AntennaWarehouse. Yes I agree there was room for machanical
improvement however electrically these are without question the best
non-directional antenna ever made. BTW I've had one outside (older,
machanically weaker version) for 2 1/2 years. Still zero damage and its
seen several Tropical storms and survived winds of 60 KTS. I live 4
miles from the Atlantic Ocean and no salt damage/rust to speak of...

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

Old August 9th 03, 02:24 AM
BDK

In article om,
says...

newt wrote:
Has everybody body seen these?

http://users.cis.net/kingpop/Scanner/Scantenna.htm

I got one yesterday. What a difference from the old ones! Came
double boxed and stuffed full of peanuts so even UPS could not mess it
up getting it here. Pretty darn good for $44.00 with S&H.

Newt

Wow, thanks for pointing them out. I have 2 of the older ScanTennas
from AntennaWarehouse. Yes I agree there was room for machanical
improvement however electrically these are without question the best
non-directional antenna ever made. BTW I've had one outside (older,
machanically weaker version) for 2 1/2 years. Still zero damage and its
seen several Tropical storms and survived winds of 60 KTS. I live 4
miles from the Atlantic Ocean and no salt damage/rust to speak of...

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

They seem to go bad as much from UV making the plastic brittle as they
do from weather. One of mine lasted an amazingly short time, less than
one summer, another one lasted almost 5 before losing a couple of
"legs" suddenly.

I'm going to order two, one for the attic as a backup antenna, and one
for the tower. Now I gotta find a monkey to climb it.

BDK
Old August 10th 03, 06:14 AM
Burr

I'm also getting ready to order a new one for my place down
south and I'm not sure what to do. George, what do you
think? Is the $20 dollars more worth it?

Also what do you'll think about the longer "rubber ducky"?
I'm wondering how it will fit under my arm, I remember
seeing someone with a long antenna and it sure looked funny.

Burr

Old August 10th 03, 11:10 AM
GeorgeF

Burr wrote:
I'm also getting ready to order a new one for my place down south and
I'm not sure what to do. George, what do you think? Is the $20 dollars
more worth it?

That's a personal opinion. For me the answer would be no. But that's
because if mine ever got damaged its VERY easy for me to take mine down
and replace it. If your's is mounted on a tower that doesn't fold down
and/or is hard to get to if it needs replaced then I would say yes...

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

Old August 10th 03, 01:53 PM
Burr

I have my poles setup so I can lay them right over when
needed. I say with the older one if they still give the free
shipping.

Burr

Old August 10th 03, 03:08 PM
GeorgeF

Burr wrote:
I have my poles setup so I can lay them right over when needed. I
say with the older one if they still give the free shipping.

Burr

GeorgeF wrote:

I agree I'm the same as my antennas are very easy to get to to work on
them. Also here in Florida I don't have the problems with cold weather,
ice storms and wind blowing cold ice covered elements not to mention
making the plastic more likely to break. If I lived up north then I
would have a different opinion....

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

Old August 10th 03, 03:33 PM
newt

Excuses me but I think you may be confused? I got my New Scantenna at
http://www.antennawarehouse.com for $44.00 S&H included. The least
I've ever seen a older one for was $40.00 S&H included. Are you
saying you know were you can get a old one for $24.00 S&H included?

PS. The insulators of the new ones are thicker and heavier duty than
the old ones had and they are made from a UV resistant material.

Newt

Old August 11th 03, 06:13 PM
harvey

mine was 29.00 shipping included when i ordered mine thru their ebay ad,
they were running like 3 different pricings at the time 29.00 on up to 44.00
harv
om...

Old August 11th 03, 11:19 PM
harvey

hello fellow newsgroupies and tim
i apologize for my statement concerning my paying 29.00 for the scantenna. i
sincerely recalled it was that price and did not mean harm when i placed my
post..
but i am old and the doctors continually change my meds..:-) so i do make
mistakes.
Tim from antenna warehouse corrected me it was 40.00 vs. the price i stated
before.
the differences in ads on ebay at that time was 37.00 not including shipping
and 40.00 shipping included.
I thank Tim for correcting me and ask that others please forgive for any
inconvenience i may have caused...
as for the reputation of antennawarehouse it is nothing but the finest place
to do business with.....they will give you the best price around on their
products
harv