Old April 5th 05, 09:07 PM
Tommy Of Earth

Default Recommend Scanner

Can someone recommend a scanner that can pickup cellular,
800 trunked and everything?

Thank You

Old April 5th 05, 10:39 PM
MnMikew

"Tommy Of Earth" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can someone recommend a scanner that can pickup cellular,
800 trunked and everything?

Thank You

Good luck.

Old April 7th 05, 05:57 AM
Tommy Of Earth

Good luck.
Well how about just 800 Mhz trunking?

Old April 7th 05, 08:06 PM
Alex Clayton

"Tommy Of Earth" wrote in message
oups.com...
Good luck.

Well how about just 800 Mhz trunking?

Pro-95 works great for this, and are on sale right now at The shack.
--
Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent!!

Old April 11th 05, 12:01 AM
Bo Williams

Alex Clayton wrote:
"Tommy Of Earth" wrote in message
oups.com...

Good luck.

Well how about just 800 Mhz trunking?

Pro-95 works great for this, and are on sale right now at The shack.

Agreed. At $140 OTD a Pro-95 is a steal. Shilly-shally no longer; just
go get one.
--
Bo Williams -
http://hiwaay.net/~williams/

Old April 11th 05, 12:09 AM
Bo Williams

MnMikew wrote:
"Tommy Of Earth" wrote in message
oups.com...

Can someone recommend a scanner that can pickup cellular,
800 trunked and everything?

Thank You

Good luck.

I'm fairly new to scanners--been listening for about a year--and I'm
even newer to this group. Something that has me befuddled is the
consistent interest in an "unblocked" scanner that can pick up analog
cellular. What's the point? Does ANYONE use one of those phones anymore?

Is it just the inherent "appeal of the forbidden"?
--
Bo Williams -
http://hiwaay.net/~williams/
Old April 11th 05, 01:01 AM
gray-beard

OK, just to answer your question I dusted off my old Sony ICF-SCI and
connected it to an outside antenna. Started searching up from 869.00
mhz. By the time I had gone through the cell band, I heard two
conversations. One in english and one in spanish. The band is dead. I
will keep the old Sony for mil-air and what ever else that my Pro-93
can't get.

GB

Bo Williams wrote:
MnMikew wrote:

"Tommy Of Earth" wrote in message
oups.com...

Can someone recommend a scanner that can pickup cellular,
800 trunked and everything?

Thank You

Good luck.

I'm fairly new to scanners--been listening for about a year--and I'm
even newer to this group. Something that has me befuddled is the
consistent interest in an "unblocked" scanner that can pick up analog
cellular. What's the point? Does ANYONE use one of those phones anymore?

Is it just the inherent "appeal of the forbidden"?

--
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government
has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't

-- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Old April 11th 05, 11:20 PM
Tommy Of Earth

Agreed. At $140 OTD a Pro-95 is a steal. Shilly-shally no longer;
just
go get one.

I think I will, Thanks

FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 October 8th 05 12:47 AM
Recommend Air Show Scanner Mike Scanner 3 May 30th 04 12:57 PM
Pro-95 Scanner John Jenkins Scanner 2 January 16th 04 01:21 AM
Coax signal deteriotion to Scanner Paul Keenleyside Scanner 3 December 10th 03 03:39 AM
FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 September 22nd 03 05:43 AM