Old October 4th 18, 01:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default SW rookie...GE shortwave radio 7-2990A info/manual needed

Any further info to help me find a replacement gear for my 7-2990a ?
Nylon or brass or ?
Any identification of specific gear from hobby shop...like a part # or application ?
Thanks, jim
Old October 4th 18, 06:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Wed, 03 Oct 2018 17:27:30 -0700, baltusnik wrote:

+AD4 Any further info to help me find a replacement gear for my 7-2990a ?
+AD4 Nylon or brass or ?
+AD4 Any identification of specific gear from hobby shop...like a part +ACM or application ?
+AD4 Thanks, jim

McMaster Carr has a few standard plastic or brass gears listed on their website. Maybe something can be adapted?

There's alot of knowledgeable people at the antique radio forum:

http://antiqueradios.com/forums/view...4032ca097c7cd5

Old January 11th 19, 01:26 AM
Junior Member

Default GE 7-2990A bump

yes mine finally started worked great a few months ago hope will find more repair info. thought abought using molding dough making imprint and mixing epoxy into mold .
Old February 24th 20, 05:15 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
I can fix that radio for you! I fixed mine. It takes some time and work BUT it can be done. Contact me!

Ernie
HEY! Still got that radio fix for the tuning issue?

-greg