Old October 12th 17, 11:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Enough to make you worry...

From yahoo news article, maybe a little long...or not. An interesting
article from a former Republican senator.

Read it and weep...or at least be afraid, very afraid.

Republicans are waiting to pass their tax-reform bill before they
move to impeach Donald Trump, a former Republican member of Congress
reportedly told a former US labour secretary.

In a Facebook post, Robert Reich said the former senator, an old
friend of his, told him Republicans are "just praying Trump doesn't
do something really, really stupid before the tax bill."

Speaking over the phone, Mr Reich said he asked his friend whether
other Republican senators were preparing to follow Senator Bob Corker
and "call it quits with Trump".

His source told him: "Others are thinking about doing what Bob [Corker] did.
Sounding the alarm. They think Trump’s nuts. Unfit. Dangerous."

He said the US President's personal attacks on his own staff "got
them to notice all the other things," such as his threats about North
Korea.

"Tillerson would leave tomorrow if he wasn't so worried Trump would
go nuclear, literally," he added.

"Who knows what’s in his head? But I can tell you this. He’s not
listening to anyone. Not a soul.

"He’s got the nuclear codes and, well, it scares the hell out of me.
It’s starting to scare all of them. That’s really why Bob [Corker] spoke up."

When asked what would happen if Republican leadership said Mr Trump
was unfit to serve, the former senator said: "Bingo! The emperor has
no clothes. It’s a signal to everyone they can bail. Have to bail to
save their skins.

"I mean, Trump could be the end of the whole goddamn Republican
party."

He said once Republicans "start bailing on him, the stage is set" for
impeachment."

Asked if Republicans would go that far, the senator replied: "Not
yet. Here’s the thing. They really want to get this tax bill through.
That’s all they have going for them.

"They don’t want to face voters in ’18 or ’20 without something to
show for it. They’re just praying Trump doesn’t do something really,
really stupid before the tax bill."

"Like a nuclear war?" Mr Reich asked.

"Look, all I can tell you is many of the people I talk with are
getting freaked out," the former senator said.

"It’s not as if there’s any careful strategising going on. Not like,
well, do we balance the tax bill against nuclear war?

"No, no. They’re worried as hell. They’re also worried about Trump
crazies, all the ignoramuses he’s stirred up."

Ignoramuses? The gullible clowns that put that moron trump in office?

When asked what was going to happen, he said: "You got me. I’m just
glad I’m not there anymore. Trump’s not just a moron. He’s a
despicable human being. And he’s getting crazier. Paranoid.
Unhinged.

"Everyone knows it. I mean, we’re in **** up to our eyeballs with
this guy."

Sleep soundly tonight -- or at least try to.

Old October 13th 17, 01:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 18:54:07 -0400, Joe from Kokomo wrote:

+AD4
+AD4APg Republicans are waiting to pass their tax-reform bill before they move
+AD4APg to impeach Donald Trump, a former Republican member of Congress
+AD4APg reportedly told a former US labour secretary.
+AD4APg
I know that's the Republican plan, but who knows if The Erratic TRUMP
will feel like signing the tax bill. He might prefer to go golfing, or
play with that bitchin' drone helicopter he got for his birthday or pick
another dozen nuclear targets in N Korea.

+AD4APg
+AD4APg His source told him: +ACI-Others are thinking about doing what Bob +AFs-Corker+AF0
+AD4APg did. Sounding the alarm. They think Trump+IBk-s nuts. Unfit. Dangerous.+ACI
+AD4APg
+AD4APg He said the US President's personal attacks on his own staff +ACI-got them
+AD4APg to notice all the other things,+ACI such as his threats about North Korea.
+AD4APg
+AD4APg +ACI-Tillerson would leave tomorrow if he wasn't so worried Trump would go
+AD4APg nuclear, literally,+ACI he added.

What? Attacking his own staff is the nuttiest thing King TRUMP the Third
has done? Well, it probably IS the most dangerous thing he's done to his
Presidency. 25th Amendment and such.

+AD4APg +ACI-No, no. They+IBk-re worried as hell. They+IBk-re also worried about Trump
+AD4APg crazies, all the ignoramuses he+IBk-s stirred up.+ACI
+AD4
+AD4 Ignoramuses? The gullible clowns that put that moron trump in office?

Used to be, the Dems and the Reps would split the ignoramus vote. The
Rep ignorami blamed the government for their messed up lives. The Dem
ignorami blamed the corporations.

But, since the Democrats have turned themselves into the corporate--
minority party, all the morons have gone Republican.

Now, the Democrats are whinging about gerrymandering. Gerrymandering in
many states they used to control. That's what happens when a party
forgets how to appeal to morons.

+AD4
+AD4