Old August 10th 03, 04:29 AM
Stephen Newlyn

Default Geoff Halligey has passed away.

According to the August 2003 issue of the British "Shortwave Magazine", the
former editor of the "Confidential Frequency List" Geoff Halligey passed
away on 26 June 2003 after a heart attack, aged 90 years.

I corresponded with Geoff since 1994 by conventional mail and later e-mail
when he requested utility information from the "Southern Cross DX Club"
(which unfortunately closed in 1999) of which I was Chief Editor of their
newsletter "DX Post". He asked me for advice about computers and software
during his time of converting to a computer based logging system.

Geoff was a very considerate and knowledgable man and went out of his way to
help fellow listeners. In his letters to me (apart from the many "Ute"
loggings he sent), he talked about his WW2 Service in the RAF and his many
years flying as a radio officer with BEA. His AOR AR-7030 was well used. He
will be missed greatly by many in the world. Condolences to Geoff's wife and
family. May he rest in peace.

--
*To respond direct please delete (qruqrt) from the email address.
**Stephen Newlyn, VK5VKA. G'day from the City of Elizabeth, South Australia.

---

Old August 10th 03, 10:23 AM
J Plimmer

Seconded - Geoff was a great contributor to hobbyists following maritime and
aircraft shortwave broadcasts.
His "Confidential Frequency List" was the best available to hobbyists in its
day.
He corresponded with many of us all over the world getting those rare UTE
stations published.
RIP Geoff, may you be in the gentle hands of your heavenly Father.

John Plimmer
Montagu, Western Cape Province, Republic of South Africa
GPS South 33 47 East 20 07
Ant RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Kiwa MW Loop, Datong AD-370.
RX Drake R8B, Drake SW8
Eddystone 940, Hallicrafters SX-100
GE SRIII, 7600D, Sangean 818 & 803A,
Braun T1000, BW XCR-30
MFJ 1025, Datong FL3
GE circa 50's imbuia radiogram

I passed Shadow_998 Antenna 22 November 28th 04 11:22 PM
I passed my technician exam! I'll have a callsign on Tuesday. Daniel J. Morlan General 4 January 17th 04 09:10 AM
?? QRZ ?? passed re-examination? William Mutch Shortwave 1 August 4th 03 01:37 PM