Old September 24th 04, 02:34 AM
yojimbo

Default Is Iceland still on SW?

Is Iceland still broadcasting on shortwave?

Old September 24th 04, 07:06 AM
dxAce

yojimbo wrote:

Is Iceland still broadcasting on shortwave?

Yes. You can check for the sked by searching for ISL in the following doc:

http://www.susi-und-strolch.de/eibi/bc-a04.txt

Both the state run radio and AFRTS are on.

dxAce

Old September 24th 04, 04:52 PM
Steve

dxAce wrote in message ...
yojimbo wrote:

Is Iceland still broadcasting on shortwave?

Yes. You can check for the sked by searching for ISL in the following doc:

http://www.susi-und-strolch.de/eibi/bc-a04.txt

Both the state run radio and AFRTS are on.

dxAce

I'd like to hear the state run station. Any idea how hard it is to
receive from the Eastern US?

Steve
Old September 24th 04, 05:09 PM
dxAce

Steve wrote:

dxAce wrote in message ...
yojimbo wrote:

Is Iceland still broadcasting on shortwave?

Yes. You can check for the sked by searching for ISL in the following doc:

http://www.susi-und-strolch.de/eibi/bc-a04.txt

Both the state run radio and AFRTS are on.

dxAce

I'd like to hear the state run station. Any idea how hard it is to
receive from the Eastern US?

I haven't tried them in quite some time. AFRTS has been audible here.

dxAce
Michigan

Steve

Old September 24th 04, 05:23 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:

dxAce wrote in message ...
yojimbo wrote:

Is Iceland still broadcasting on shortwave?

Yes. You can check for the sked by searching for ISL in the following doc:

http://www.susi-und-strolch.de/eibi/bc-a04.txt

Both the state run radio and AFRTS are on.

dxAce

I'd like to hear the state run station. Any idea how hard it is to
receive from the Eastern US?

I haven't tried them in quite some time. AFRTS has been audible here.

One other thing is that those ISL broadcasts MAY be in USB, not sure but I seem to
recall that they were in the past.

Maybe someone else might confirm or deny that..

dxAce
Michigan

Steve

Old September 24th 04, 05:40 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:

dxAce wrote in message ...
yojimbo wrote:

Is Iceland still broadcasting on shortwave?

Yes. You can check for the sked by searching for ISL in the following doc:

http://www.susi-und-strolch.de/eibi/bc-a04.txt

Both the state run radio and AFRTS are on.

dxAce

I'd like to hear the state run station. Any idea how hard it is to
receive from the Eastern US?

I haven't tried them in quite some time. AFRTS has been audible here.

I'm currently hearing AFRTS 9980 out of Iceland //12133.5 out of Key West at 1640.

So Iceland might be audible on 13865 at 1755-1825.

dxAce
Michigan

Steve

Old September 24th 04, 05:45 PM
yojimbo

i am in southern ontario, canada, i used to hear iceland on side-band years
ago quite easily on a dinky yb400, i think they broadcast to fishing fleets
in the atlantic, i will have to check the new sked...

"Steve" wrote in message
om...

Old September 24th 04, 05:48 PM
Ruud Poeze

Steve schreef:

dxAce wrote in message ...
yojimbo wrote:

Is Iceland still broadcasting on shortwave?

Yes. You can check for the sked by searching for ISL in the following doc:

http://www.susi-und-strolch.de/eibi/bc-a04.txt

Both the state run radio and AFRTS are on.

dxAce

I'd like to hear the state run station. Any idea how hard it is to
receive from the Eastern US?

Steve

Try Long Wave 189.

Can hear that in Holland Europe during the night,
Iceland is somewhere between Europe an d N-America.
ruud
Old September 24th 04, 05:53 PM
yojimbo

Thanks for the link.

I haven't tried checking yet, but here's what I cobbled from the Icelandic
service.

1215-1300 UT to Europe - 15775 kHz

1410-1440 UT to N.America - 15775 kHz

1755-1825 UT to Europe - 13865 kHz

1835-1905 UT to N.America - 15775 kHz

2300-2335 UT to N.America - 13865 kHz

Again, these b'casts might be in sideband, I will have to check.

Thanks!

Old September 24th 04, 08:06 PM
yojimbo

is 189 from iceland?

can't get any LWs here in ontario (again, yb400), but when i go to bay of
fundy every summer, can catch quite a few. 162 comes in strongest, 252 seems
to have disappeared, but 189 comes in regularly too, never knew where it
came from

"Ruud Poeze" wrote in message