Old November 21st 04, 07:50 PM
RHF

Default Listening North of the Border - Radio Canada (CBC) and Radio Canada International (RCI)

TK,

I can generally pick-up CBK 540 kHz (SK) and CBU 690 kHz (BC)
from Canada for the "OverNight" International News Programming;
down here in the SF Bay Area in the wee-hours of most mornings.
RADIO-ONE-CANADA= http://tinyurl.com/3lse4

NOTE: Most Internaional Shortwave Broadcasts BBC, DW, RCI, ABC,
RNZ, NHK, CRI, VOR, VOA, etc are the easier catches.

The Internet is the easier listen.
OVERNIGHT= http://www.cbc.ca/overnight/
Radio One - Canada - Streaming Audio:
AUDIO= http://www.cbc.ca/listen/streams/r1_victoria.html

Finding "Radio Canada" Radio Station Frequencies:
http://www.cbc.ca/frequency/

CBC on Shortwave {Interior} to the Great White North
http://www.cbc.ca/frequency/shortwave.html

Radio Canada International English Broadcast Schedule and Frequencies
http://www.rcinet.ca/rci/PDF/B04_RCI-1_24h.pdf
RCI-ALL= http://www.rcinet.ca/rci/en/horaires.shtml

jm2cw ~ RHF
Icom IC-R75 with a Quantum QX Pro 15" Ferrite Rod Antenna
Kenwood R-5000 with a Kiwa MW Air Core Loop Antenna
OK-Land, Cali-4-Ni-A
37:47:02 N
122:13:55 W
..
..
= = = tommyknocker wrote in message
= = = ...
uncle arnie wrote:

BBC (America and Africa streams), RNL, DW, R Australia, Radio Havana Cuba,
Radio Polonia & Channel Africa on CBC 1 radio overnight. CBC on MW. Not
bothering with USA stations, can hear and see all of that without SW.

Any MW from North of the Border is drowned out by all the locals on that
band. I live at the confluence of two major broadcasting markets. As for
the Netherlands, they cut their news bulletins a year or so ago in favor
of 30 minutes of prerecorded NewsLine. That and they tend to have
technical problems, at least on the Western NAm stream. Havana always
makes me feel like I'm in a time warp back to my days as a people's
vanguard in San Francisco-they sound a lot like my former comrades. Kind
of amusing now that I'm grown up, but I wouldn't want to listen to it
every night.

..
..
Old November 21st 04, 08:36 PM
uncle arnie

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 01:50 pm, RHF posted to
rec.radio.shortwave: %MM

TK,

I can generally pick-up CBK 540 kHz (SK) and CBU 690 kHz (BC)
from Canada for the "OverNight" International News Programming;
down here in the SF Bay Area in the wee-hours of most mornings.
RADIO-ONE-CANADA= http://tinyurl.com/3lse4

The transmitter for 540 CBC Radio One is in Watrous, Sask, with main
broadcast center in Regina. There are FM rebroadcasters throughout the
north. The station call is CBK, for Henry Kelsey who came to area in 1650
or so.