Old January 2nd 05, 11:15 AM
RHF

Default DRM "MOD" for the Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium Radio . . . {Eton E1 XM Radio}

BW,

DRM "MOD" for the Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium Radio -or-
Building a better 'replacement' for the GS800M:
A Grundig Satellit Receiver with DRM Shortwave and FM IBOC.
AKA: The "ETON 'Elite' E2 AM/FM Shortwave DRM Radio"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Eton-Elite-E2-DRM-Radio/

HISTORY - WHAT WE KNOW :
Grundig Radio North America (ETON Corp.) is a 'producer'
and a "Marketer" of Radios. Tecsun GEM China is their
primary Manufacturer and RL Drake has done some of their
"Design Engineering" for the Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium
and Eton E1 XM Radio.
Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium eGroup YAHOO !

QUESTION ? ETON E1 RECEIVER WITH XM SATELLITE RADIO ?
? Is the 'new' Eton E1 Receiver with XM Satellite Radio
the standard for the future ?
ETON 'Elite' E1 XM Radio eGroup on YAHOO !
? Who will be the first Radio Manufacture {Marketer} to
offer a 'consumer' Grade AM/FM Shortwave Receiver in the
North American Consumer Market with fully functioning DRM
Reception 'completely-built-into' the Radio / Receiver ?

THREE THINGS TO DO :

1=2E Maybe if everyone wrote a letter (sent an eMail) to
RL Drake and asked them about a MOD to the Grundig
Satellit 800 Millennium for DRM Receptions. RL Drake
might come up with a way to make the Grundig Satellit
800 Millennium a signal source for a PC Computer based
DRM Receiving System.
RL DRAKE =3D http://www.rldrake.com/
http://www.rldrake.com/company/contacts.html
eMail:
eMail:

..
2=2E Maybe if everyone wrote a letter (sent an eMail) to
Tecsun GEM China (PRC) and asked them about a MOD to the
Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium or DRM Receptions. Tecsun
might come up with a way to make the Grundig Satellit 800
Millennium a signal source for a PC Computer based DRM
Receiving System.
TECSUN =3D
http://www.tecsun.com.cn/english/main2.htm
eMail:
eMail:

..
3=2E Last but not least just may be Grundig Radio North
America (ETON Corp.) would listen to their current and
future Customers and answer a few eMails about a possible
MOD to the Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium for DRM
Receptions. Well at least it might motovate them to
'consider' DRM in their replacement plans for the Grundig
Satellit 800 Millennium that featured a DRM Reception Mode
'built-in' to the radio.
ETON CORP =3D
http://www.etoncorp.com/
HELP ! =3D http://www.etoncorp.com/US/support/help.aspx?index=3D12
We're here to help you with questions about any Et=F3n Corp.
or Et=F3n Products and Services. Send us your Question using
the above OnLine Customer Request Form.
http://www.etoncorp.com/US/corp/cont...aspx?index=3D2
General Inquiries eMail =3D
Customer Service eMail =3D

Sales eMail =3D

..
The Voice of the Customer - The Sound of Change and Improvement.
..
..
now there is an idea or two ~ RHF
..
..
=3D =3D =3D In
,
=3D =3D =3D "Burt Wizeman" burt@b... wrote:
Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium eGroup YAHOO !
GS800M =3D
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Satellit800/

Thanks RHF. Since the posting I have been digging and found the
info I was asking. My other note lists the features that I was
suprised to find non-existent in a current model.

If only we could mod a 12mhz IF for DRM on the 800. Passport For
Worldband Radio still gives it 4+ with a cent and their pick.

=3D =3D =3D In ,
=3D =3D =3D "R H F" rhf-mail@u... wrote:
Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium eGroup YAHOO !
GS800M =3D
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Satellit800/

BW,

Read Message # 8741
Eton E1 XM Radio "Up-Date" on Release Date and MSRP Price
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Satellit800/message/8741
=20
~ RHF=20

..

Old January 2nd 05, 01:28 PM
D. Martin

I own an "800" Grundig. It's seems as though you're suggesting that it's
already out of date. I submit to you that it is perfectly adequate.
There are other products to purchase for "other than traditional radio"
type consumers. Darren

http://community-2.webtv.net/DEMEM/L...mes/page2.html

Old January 3rd 05, 02:20 PM
RHF

From: "Burt Wizeman" *m
Date: Sun Jan 2, 2005 5:38 pm
Subject: DRM "MOD" for the Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium
..
No sense in waiting! I went to the drm.org site and skipped
about until I found the SAT Schneider Company. They make a
downcoverting mixer for DRM. Check out their website. These
folks seem to be the source for most of the current mods out
there for DRM. If someone can point to the 455khz IF in the
800 and tap it before filtering, this board can be hooked up
(it is very small) to give the 12 kHz IF out for the computer
sound card.
..
Here is a link to the boards and other DRM related items.
..
http://home.t-online.de/home/sat-service/sat/DRM/DRM.htm
..
So ya know, for DRM you need:
..
1. The 12khz IF out to a SUPPORTED sound card.
2. Software to decode the signal.
..
The Software is at the DRM.ORG site and also at the site
given above.
The DRM.ORG is http://www.drmrx.org/
..
There you will find all the info about DRM.
..
So, who has a schematic? Any Drake techies online ?
..
Can we find a Yahoo Groups friendly tech there ?
Maybe give us the right place to tap ?
..
And to think I don't even own an 800 yet
and am still teetering on the fence !
..
As always I remain some version of,
Burt Wizeman