Old December 12th 05, 07:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Roger

Default degan 1103 question

Hi all
Well, I am starting to build up my collection of radios thanks to the help
of you guys on here, so far I have got the Sony 2010, Sony7600gr, Sony7600D
and the tecsun PL-230 all of which I am very pleased.
Now I have my eye on a Degan 1103, I have the chance of it at a knock down
price of £20.00pUK Pounds, thats (£35.52USD)

What are they really like,

I have read some conflicting reviews on them and thought the best place to
ask is here on the newsgroup.
regards
Roger
UK

Old December 12th 05, 07:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Sanjaya

"Roger" wrote in message ...
Hi all
Well, I am starting to build up my collection of radios thanks to the help
of you guys on here, so far I have got the Sony 2010, Sony7600gr, Sony7600D
and the tecsun PL-230 all of which I am very pleased.
Now I have my eye on a Degan 1103, I have the chance of it at a knock down
price of £20.00pUK Pounds, thats (£35.52USD)

What are they really like,

I have read some conflicting reviews on them and thought the best place to
ask is here on the newsgroup.
regards
Roger
UK

This will redirect you to a google search of this group for posts related to the DE1103
http://makeashorterlink.com/?B2D012B4C

Old December 13th 05, 03:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mike W

The 1103 is a very good radio for the money. I would say its not quite up
to par with the Sonys in overall performance. No sync detector, but only
the 2010's is acceptable to me anyway. Very sensitive, almost to the point
of overloading at times. Much more fun to scan the bands with the tuning
knob than the Sonys. Not bad on SSB either. Good radio to add to the
"collection" if you ask me.

"Sanjaya" wrote in message
ink.net...

Old December 13th 05, 07:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Hi Roger,

If you're wanting to make this purchase just for the sake of amassing a
collection of portable shortwave radios, then go for it. If you're
looking for some performance edge over what you've already got, then
there's little reason to make this purchase.

Is there perhaps something that you might better put your money
toward...I mean, something which might actually enable you to hear more
with the receivers you currently have? (e.g. an AN-LP1 antenna for use
with your radios? an MFJ 956 or 1046 to prevent overload if/when you
hook your '2010 up to any potential outdoor antenna which you may have
or plan to acquire?).

Of course, it's often fun to have a new radio to play around with, even
if it offers you no real advantage over another you've already got.

Junius

degan 1103 Roger Shortwave 5 December 6th 05 01:19 AM
Problems with Degen 1103 Ranting Shortwave 21 November 8th 05 05:00 AM
Which is best? Degen 1102 or 1103?? David Shortwave 6 August 31st 04 01:14 AM
Stupid question G5RV Ken Bessler Antenna 17 January 9th 04 01:06 PM
transmitter question - its a dousy duckman Homebrew 0 December 9th 03 12:51 AM