Old July 2nd 05, 01:28 AM
Stephan Grossklass

m II schrieb:

How do these radios compare? They were both relatively modest relatives of the
expensive rigs being sold at the time.

Did you mean R-1000 and FRG-*7700*, by any chance? You can find some
measurements for those (along with the FRG-100) on the Sherwood
Engineering page:
http://www.sherweng.com/table.html
The Kenwood should be the better performing of the two overall. Note the
comparatively high phase noise of these semi-synthesized sets. I think
the Sony ICF-6800 employed a similar receiver concept. Not sure whether
it's as closely related to the Wadley concept as you think... I suggest
you get the R-1000 service manual off the web and read the functional
description.

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 704 MiB, 250+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W