Old March 3rd 12, 08:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
dave dave is offline

Default apartment antennas and rfi

On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 10:50:48 -0400, Codenut wrote:

Those of you who are using apartment antenna I would love to know of
your experience.

Now that satellite dishes are allowed on most apartments, is there a
trend to use an MFJ loop antenna?

What are the real results with QRMing satellite dishes?

RFI in apartmements in general?

I am sure that putting a loop where the satellite dishes go would work
great.

What power levels are people using in apartments.

I don't think I would want a loop inside due to high voltages.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

73,

Alan
VY2WU

I like full wave horizontal loops for the low noise receiving, a hiqh Q
transmit antenna on the patio is kind of cool; another type of barbecue.
I'd stick to CW/digimodes and under 100 Watts.