Old June 2nd 05, 05:48 AM
Pete KE9OA

Hi Lucky,

It was ok.................. not a lot of gain in the I.F. system, but it did
have enough RF gain. It is probably a matter of preference, but I like my
radios to have their gain distribution set up so that the I.F. strip
provides most of the system gain. This way, you get a higher amount of
headroom in the front end if the gain in that section of the receiver isn't
too high.
It did work better than any of the portables I have used. I bumped up the
gain in the I.F. strip a little bit, and I was relatively happy with it.
I ended up trading it off in a combination deal for a Yaesu FRG-100, which I
ended up selling along with the optional CW filter and the FM board for 300
dollars. Some older fellow in one of the Carolinas bought it.

Pete

Hi Pete

would you say it's more a portable wise type perfromance? What did you do
with yours? Anything decent about it??

Lucky