Old November 27th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Highland Ham Highland Ham is offline

Default Does an UnUn decouple an antenna from the feedline?

I am trying to figure out the proper balun to use on an Off Center Fed
dipole I am going to construct. I have settled on a 6:1 UnUn design
by Jerry Sevick, W2FMI. My question is will this properly prevent
feedline radition? Is some feedline radiation always expected /
inherit in this type of antenna design?

In the past I have used an off-centre dipole with wire lengths ratio 1:2
(Windom) It had a 1:4 balun meant to transform the impedance from 50
to 200 Ohms. It worked quite well on the harmonic bands 80-40-20-10 m
The balun was obviously located at the dipole Tee.

Where would you locate a 1:6 unun ? I am eager to learn.
I also have Jerry Sevick's book :'Building and Using Baluns and Ununs'.
It is a treasure.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH