Old November 6th 03, 08:14 PM
Tarmo Tammaru

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Dan/W4NTI wrote:
But remember a loop for 80 fed with coax will make for a high impedeance

on
40.

Higher, but not too high. A 2 WL loop is resonant in much the same way
that a 1 WL loop is resonant. Perhaps you are thinking about dipoles?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Two things to consider he

1. If you cut it for 3850, as an example, it will be way out of band on 40
meters (7700).

2. If you match it with a 1/4 wave section of RG11 on 80 meters, that will
be 1/2 wave on 40, and have no effect.

Having said all that, I find my Ameritron amp with a pi network output will
tune up on 40 meters. My loop is resonant at about 3800. Just in case, I
keep the power down.

Tam/WB2TT