Old September 23rd 08, 02:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] ltdoc@yahoo.com is offline

Default Carolina Windom revisited: 4 to 1 balun does nothing to choke RF?

Cecil,
I sort of thought that this OCF antenna was typically used for a
multiband antenna, that's typically the 'idea' behind using them.
Keeping that 'thought' in mind, how can you 'optimize' this multiband
antenna for one particular band without 'de-optimizing' it for
others? That seems sort of going at it from the wrong direction, why
not use an antenna that works well for the particular band of
interest. Oh, I know that assumes that you can have more than one
antenna, which isn't always the case. So having an 'un-optimized'
antenna is what you'll end up with in most (if not all) bands except
for one. Which is the 'fault' for almost all multiband antennas.
Isn't it?
- 'Do