Old March 18th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
- exray -

Default Is CB dead?

gb wrote:

The Citizens Band (CB) is one of several Personal Radio Services, regulated
by the FCC.
http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/ind...personal_radio

Outside of usage by trucking industry on the highway, "CB" as known by the
general public during the craze of the 1970s - is as dead as 8-track tapes
(still seen on TV series That 70s Show). Why?

1.) Reagan / Bush [41] Administrations, 1980s.
Low tolerance for foul language and unreliability of the communications that
the CB service became in late 1970s - especially with conservative family &
religious groups.

Oh my, I never realized that was the problem.

-Bill