Old February 19th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sum Ting Wong Sum Ting Wong is offline

Default Horizontal loop antenna

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:31:00 -0800, Roy Lewallen
wrote:

Putting the balun the input has the disadvantage of
making the tuner chassis hot.

Roy,

Thanks for ANOTHER lesson. I have a SGC-230 tuner in the RV that I
use to tune a wire when we go camping. I think the metal mounting
brackets are isolated from the floating tuner chassis and that you
have to use a grounding lug on the bottom. Never verified that since
I have always used the ground lug anyway. I was thinking of adding
ferrites to the input side of the tuner and then using it to tune a
dipole fed with 450 ohm window line. Maybe I'll just stick with the
longwire.

I noticed the guy who wrote that article mounted his tuner on an el
cheapo cutting board, probably just for that reason.

S.T.W.