Old March 8th 12, 06:13 AM posted to alt.internet.wireless,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
miso miso is offline

Default What's the most accurate elevation tool on the net (freebie)

It is a simple click to change the step size even down to 0.01 of a
degree in the polar plot, or just run a Cartesian plot where you can
specify down to one pixel resolution.

Jeff

Yes. I'm just mentioning cranking down the angle to save someone a few
meaningless runs. It didn't occur to me to do the math as you suggested,
but it makes perfect sense.

I was running the beta version of splat-hd. I could do 6 degree x 6
degrees at 1/3 arc second. Each degree is 3600x3600, so I could do
21600x21600. If you want to do "mountain-topping", you need that kind of
span.

Looking at the overlays I generated, I had to hack the output into 12 to
20 blocks, 3600x3600 at a time, to make it google earth compatible.
Hopefully the new version does this automatically.

I believe this was the program I was trying to get to work to do the
cookie cutting. Looking at the bug report, it still looks like it has
issues.
http://www.maptiler.org/

I got really good with GIMP to do the cookie cutting. Still a PITA.