Old June 20th 04, 10:16 AM
SioL

"John Miles" wrote in message
Thanks.

I'll look at those pdf files on ebay.

The uncal light is unfortunately always on, none of the settings affects it.
The controls seem to work, but they don't affect uncal led. I guess I really
need the manual. Probably something in there that could explain it.

That would make me suspect the keyboard controller chip. In the 492, I
ended up replacing it with a BASIC stamp (which I still have in the junk
box somewhere; you're welcome to it if that's the problem).

Does your TIME/DIV knob do anything at all?

-- jm

What puzzles me in that case is why are all of the functions/buttons working?
Yes, even the TIME/DIV works as expected, all positions. Same goes for other
buttons.

When I turn it on it always starts with some strange settings and I need to reset it,
perhaps the EEPROM or RAM has failed over the years. Or I don't know how to
store the settings.

SioL