Old September 2nd 10, 12:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default What is the Best Direction to 'Point' a Sloper Antenna for DX ?

On Sep 1, 3:49*pm, dave wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On Sep 1, 3:44 am, *wrote:

I already have two SWL Antennas up here in
Twain Harte, CA -but- neither seems bring in
Europe; the Middle-East; Africa and India.

That's why they call it DX, I guess! *Our California location simply
is not at anybody's target area, and only occasionally off the
backside of the beam. *If we were in someone's sights, or if we had
that extra bit of ocean between us and them, we'd probably hear them
better.

Also, most of the European stations either totally ignore NA or else
use relays to get their point across, resulting in service only from
other locations. *The ones that still use their native soils for
transmitting to us - Czechia, Romania, Albania - all manage fairly
well some of the time.

India is especially absent from California airwaves. *Don't know why,
exactly.

Bruce Jensen

Antipodal?

Maybe - but I get other such stations fairly regularly - RN/VOA
Madagascar, BBC Seychelles, Sri Lanka...?