Old October 9th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
H. State H. State is offline

Default dx-398 speaker needed

Du_Hicky wrote:
My speaker in my dx-398 finally died after all these years. I did a
quick search at Radio Shack and apparently they no longer sell
replacement parts. If someone could lead me in the right direction it
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

http://www.kiwa.com/ATS909.html

It has come to our attention that many of the DX398 (Radio Shack)
receivers have speaker problems. If you hear a buzzing sound on speech
or a fuzziness to the sound quality, the speaker most likely will
require replacement. Evidently there are many DX398's out there that
have failing speakers. Kiwa offers a replacment speaker for $5.00 (does
not include shipping). If you wish Kiwa to install a new speaker the
cost is $16.00 (includes the cost of the speaker). Since this problem
is uncommon, it is not part of the package price mentioned above.

Harold