Old March 21st 12, 11:47 PM
Channel Jumper Channel Jumper is offline
Senior Member

You are welcome.

One thing I did not mention was the fact that since AC - alternating current - is harder to measure then DC current / so when we talk about RMS power.
( Root Mean Square ) we are talking about the amount of power necessary to produce a certain amount of heat into a resistor of a known value at X Volts DC.

This type of measurement is what keeps us from mistaking one countries voltage - at the wall outlet, from another.