Old February 4th 05, 01:35 PM
KC1DI

jimbo wrote:
Well, I found a reference to a 10-40 meter flagpole antenna for HOAs
that don't like antennas. But they all require radials as long as the
vertical height of the antenna, and my minuscule lot just won't be
large enough for radials of any significant size. Is there any other
option for a vertical antenna for 10-40 meters that doesn't require
radials?

In another location, I used a random length dipole under the eves of
the house with a Johnson Matchbox tuner with good results. And maybe, I
can do the same with a random length dipole in the attic, but the
flagpole is an intriguing option. And I was always concerned about the
radiation in the house from the antenna and from the ladder line lead.
In fact, the irrigation solenoid valves used to open when I
transmitted.

jimbo

Hi Jimbo,

All the responses you have received so far are good, But one other
possibility is to install a fiberglass flag pole with a diameter big
enough to accomodate and R-7 or similar no ground vertical. A freind
here did that and it worked quite well.

73 Dave