Old February 18th 05, 04:43 PM
bpnjensen

Recapping? My old DX 160 is still playing away nicely. I bought it
new around 1976 and haven't noticed its performance is degrading.

The reason I mention this is because my radio has a pretty good hum to
it on certain freqs; maybe that's not a symptom of what I think it is
(I know that a certian dimmer switch we have inserts a pretty good hum,
too, unless it is turned all the way on). If I could talk to someone
with some firsthand practical knowledge, I might be able to sort it
(maybe even here). I do know that the thing needs alignment (no doubt
I can get to and identify a frequency when I want to - I'd just like
everything to be working right).

I like the radio - it's fun to play with when I'm not after any special
weak station. If I decide to use it for this, I may add a frequency
counter.

Bruce Jensen