Old April 8th 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil Dave Heil is offline

Default RG-6 Coaxial Cable for Ham use

Tam/WB2TT wrote:

I might point out to Dee that the RG-6 I see is indeed meant for outdoor
use. Our local dish installers us it as their standard feedline.

Of the few samples that I looked at, the black RG6 was outdoor rated, the
white jacketed was not. Kind of makes sense. Didn't see any power ratings at
the Belden site, but I seem to recall seeing ratings in the few hundred W
range.

RG-6 will take the legal limit on at least 80 and 160m and probably on
40m. It is available in direct burial type. The new, weather-proof
crimp on connectors are wonderful.

Several companies make or sell the PL-251 to F connector adaptors.

W8JI had some informative technical posts on the subject on the topband
reflector a few months back.
Dave K8MN