Old September 14th 05, 01:49 AM
gb

"Tim Shoppa" wrote in message
ups.com...
Are the big old-fashioned IF transformers-in-a-can available
anywhere anymore? I want to make a receiver, probably double
conversion,
which would mean that I'd want several each of the 50kHz and some
higher frequency (455kHz likely).

Are these things that can be made from scratch without a lot of
difficutly? I can wind coils etc. but don't
have any transformer slug-tuned cores.

Tim KA0BTD

YES. Almost every hamfest that I attend in the Chicago area has a gentleman
with 455 kHz IF transformers like we are use to seeing in older tube
designs. I also had replacement 10.7 MHz units for the older FM tuners.
Check with the surplus houses for units.

gb