Old October 14th 03, 05:20 PM
Mati R

Default Problems with my Lincoln (HR2510)

Greetings to all!
I am sorry for the length of the message but please read it!

I am having some problems with my President Lincoln (Uniden HR2510): it
won't transmit! When I press the PTT button, the TX icon appears on the LCD,
but that's all! It is still receiving and nothing happens.
Now the second problem: one day I turned it on, and a horrible loud noise
came from the speaker. I turned it off immediately. Now every time I turn
the radio on, it draws as much as 2A for about a second, and then then the
current draw drops to 1,5A (still too much) and a quiet tone can be heard. I
found out that the TDA1905 chip is getting extremely hot very quickly - so
this may be the cause of the sound problem, and I hope that replacing the
chip will solve it. But there still is the TX problem that I can't solve.
Maybe you have experienced something like that. Please help!

Matt )