Old July 13th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Ferrell John Ferrell is offline

Default Vertical Yagi?

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:38:20 GMT, "Dave" wrote:

http://www.nn4zz.com/tiltplate.htm

That looks like it is real close to what I need!
Thanks!
John Ferrell W8CCW

"Dave" wrote in message news:HEbek.91$kf4.54@trnddc03...

"John Ferrell" wrote in message
Why do we always mount our HF Yagi's in the horizontal plane?
Antenna maintenance would be much easier for those of us with tilt
over towers if the antenna were in the horizontal plane when down for
maintenance!

John Ferrell W8CCW

vertical yagi's work fine... if you can get them far enough away from the
conductive tower and mast either vertically or horizontally... though i do
believe you get better ground reflection from the horizontal polarization.
There is a new product that allows yagis mounted horizontally to
automatically pivot as you tilt over a tower so they stay level with the
ground.