Old April 27th 05, 04:31 AM
Brian Kelly

Joe S. wrote:
Way back years ago, back when men were men, when DOS was unheard of,

and AM
was king, the thing to do was to get a big ol' slab of paraffin and a

double
boiler. Melt the paraffin in the double boiler and boil the wooden

dowels
in the paraffin. The dowels absorbed the wax and became (somewhat)
waterproof after which they could be used as spacers.

You beat me to it. Right out of my 1955 ARRL Handbook . .

-----
Joe S.

w3rv

"Alex AG0Z" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm installing a temporary V antenna with a 600 ohm ladder feed

about
50 ft in length. Anybody have experience using 6" wood dowels as
separators? What happens when it rains?