Old July 1st 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Chris Chris is offline

Default HughesNet outage - spam declines markedly

From alt.satellite.direcpc -

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 02:59:56 GMT, EARTHLINK.NET NEWS wrote:
this is the second day in a row that we have not had satellite usuage. I
cant understand why we didnt get email
prior to maintence or whatever the problem is.I have had
satellite for 5 years now and have experienced nothing like this.

Apparently, HughesNet (kb9rqz's ISP) has had a major breakdown in
Germantown, MD, and all satellite services are down. This weekend will
serve as a perfect example of what happens when Mark is NOT around to
flood the groups.

Bottom line: No Mark, almost no problems.