Old February 20th 05, 02:41 PM
Dennis Kaylor

hey harry
i recently put up 3 long boomed yagis
a M2 6M7 which is 7eles on a 27ft boom 6 meters
KLM 16LBX 16ele on a 28ft boom 2 meters
KLM 30LBX 30ele 70cm on a 22ft boom
and what i did is mounted the 6 meters at the top of the tower 40ft and
stacked the others 5ft apart
and they work fine i do get into the front end of the differnt radios
when i transmit so i think i got them a bit close together but it hasnt
hurt the performance or the SWR of any of the antennas
in your case i think i would put the HF tribander at the bottom of the
stack then 5ft above that i would mount the long boomed 2 meter yagi
then 5ft from it the 6 meter antenna
usually i would stack them the higher in freq the higher on the mast but
since the 2 meter yagi has a lot longer boom i would put it in the
middle to you have room for the boom supports
good luck
Harry wrote:
I have three yagi's that I want to mount on one tower.
1)Hy-Gain TH3-MK3 three element HF tribander
2)Cushcraft 32-19 nineteen element Two meter yagi
3)Cushcraft A50-3S three element six meter beam
I installed a 40' Glen Martin with hazier last fall and I want to place
these three antennas on a mast at the top of this tower. My question is,
How far above the tower should the first antenna be, is there any
particular order to mounting, how far apart should these antennas be
from each other? I'm using Kevlar guys, so they shouldn't cause any
problems. The tower is grounded at all three legs.
TIA
Harry