Old November 14th 10, 02:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann[_2_] Brenda Ann[_2_] is offline

Default Pixel Technologies "AM-2" Ultimate AM Broadcast Band Antenna

wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 10:42:40 -0800 (PST), RHF
wrote:

Newer & Smaller 25"
Pixel Technologies "AM-2" Ultimate AM Broadcast Band Antenna
http://store.xmfanstore.com/pixel-te...tenna-am1.html

SPEC SHEET Ultimate AM Broadcast Band Antenna (Model AM-2)
-by- Pixel Technologies
http://www.pixelsatradio.com/PDF/AM-2_Cut_Sheet.pdf

Older & Larger 38"
Pixel "AM-1" High Gain Amplified AM Loop Antenna
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036ZHPIQ
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0036ZHPIQ
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...0Antennas&sku=
?another?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004AFQD5C

Anyone using either of these AM Loop Antennas ?

How do they perform ?

i want to know ~ RHF
.

Using this antenna - 3 ft version:

http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/loop.html

12 turns #12 spaced .4 in. center to center apart w pickup loop 2 in.
from main loop. Will not overload my SDR. Tunes approx. 380 kHz to 2.1
MHz - top freq. depending on how much coax you feed it with. I used #
12 because I already had 2000 ft. Cost about 15 bucks for wood and
capacitor.

If you buy an amplified loop make sure it has a gain adjustment or it
will probably overload the radio.

Jim(MI)

Pretty sure Angelfire went bye-bye some time ago. I used to have a website
there back in the day, but they closed all their sites, IIRC.