Old February 1st 05, 03:36 PM

That function seems pretty useful and obvious...I'm surprised it's not
already included in some of the many ham applications out there. Have
you looked through the various ham software yet? Here's a good
starting point: http://ac6v.com/software.htm

I'll toss a couple of ideas out:

- One obvious approach would be to program the DSP on the sound card
to continuously calculate the spectrum of the audio signal, then use a
narrow bandpass filter(s) to look for energy at the appropriate
frequencies indicating human speech. You would need to apply some
further intelligence to the filter output to account for pauses in
speech and fading signals.

- Could voice recognition software be somehow adapted for this use?

wrote:
I am looking for software the detects and ONLY
triggers on human voice. On AM/SSB comms, a level
squelch is nearly useless.
One implementation, in hardware, can be seen at:
http://www.qsl.net/kc7bum/hf_squelch.html
This is a very usefull device, but I am looking
for a way to do it in software.